Terms of Reference
The Executive is appointed to carry out Executive Functions, which are all of the Council’s functions which are not the responsibility of any other part of the Council, whether by Law or under this Constitution.
The main Executive functions are:
· to determine how expenditure on services should be undertaken;
· approving the commencement of procurements of services, supplies and works not already identified in the capital programme, which come within the scope and definition of a key decision;
· to agree annual reports;
· to monitor the budget for particular services;
· to make recommendations on the Policy Framework and annual revenue budget and capital programme to the Council;
· to agree strategies and plans at a level below the Policy Framework;
· to take decisions to implement the Council’s policies;
· to agree responses to consultation papers when appropriate;
· to make appointments to and the payment of grants to outside bodies within its remit;
· to receive and consider referrals from the Overview and Scrutiny Committee;
· to publish a Forward Plan of expected Key Decisions; and
· to formulate policy, determine fees and applications, and award delegations under the Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013.
Support officer: Gayle Roach. 01900 702502