Venue: Council Chamber, Allerdale House. View directions
The minutes of the meeting held on 21 December 2020 were agreed as a correct record.
Declaration of interests
Councillors/Staff to give notice of any disclosable pecuniary interest, other registrable interest or any other interest and the nature of that interest relating to any item on the agenda, in accordance with the adopted Code of Conduct.
Report to follow.
The Head of Paid Service submitted a report which sought to request the Chief Officers Employment Panel to appoint to the Deputy Chief Officer new posts as part of the organisational restructure.
Following the agreement of the Pay Policy Statement by Council on 22 September 2021 the report set out the appropriate job family profiles and functional responsibilities for the new roles.
Councillor M Fitzgerald moved the recommendations as set out in the report; this was seconded by Councillor M Johnson.
The Panel members asked questions on the span of control for the new roles, the job families’ model and the financial implication in making the appointments.
In particular it was agreed that following the meeting members would receive a briefing on the whole corporate restructure with explanation around the jobs family model.
A vote was taken, 3 in favour, 2 against and 0 abstentions. The motion was carried.
1. The following appointments to new posts be made:
· David Farrar – Senior Manager (Revenues and Benefits)
· Lindsay Tomlinson – Senior Manager (Elections and Democratic)
· David Bryden – Senior Manager (Property and Estates)
· Paul Rossington – Senior Manager (Planning and Development)
The following appointments be noted as existing posts:
· Kelly Glaister – Manager – Customer and Fulfilment
· Graham Kennedy – Senior Manager – Destinations
· Paul Taylor – Senior Manager – Maryport Programmes
· Helen Brownlie – Manager – HAZ
· Emma Thompson – Senior Manager – Community Safety and
· Jill Morgan – Senior Manager – Legal and Information Governance
· Barry Chambers – Senior Manager – Health Safety and Resilience
· Graham Harrison – Senior Manager – Waste
· Barry Lennox – Senior Manager – Finance
· Claire Fethers – Senior Manager – Finance
· Alex Fitzgerald – Strategic Advisor – Corporate
· Julie Ward – Strategic Advisor – Spatial
· Kelly Eccles – Strategic Advisor – HR
· Andrew Gilbert – Strategic Advisor – Communications and
· Naomi Kay – Senior Manager – AONB
· Andrea Hines – Temporary Specialist – Policy
· Elaine Ridings – Senior Manager – Programmes
· Diane Carter – Strategic Advisor – Finance
· Keith Hollins – Strategic Advisor – Technology and Innovation
2. In addition, there are currently five vacancies for Deputy Chief Officers (with associated status):
· Strategic Advisor - Assurance Risk & Audit – this role will be shared with Copeland Borough Council
· Senior Manager - Environmental Health & Housing to be advertised
· Strategic Advisor – Performance – to be advertised
· Strategic Advisor - Capital Programmes – out to advert
· Strategic Advisor - Commercial & Contracts – to be advertised