Venue: Zoom Virtual Meeting
To agree as a correct record the minutes of the meeting held on 13 July 2020.
The minutes of the meeting held on 13 July 2020 were agreed as a correct record.
The Head of Paid Service submitted a report which sought to request the Chief Officers Employment Panel to appoint to the new Chief Officer (CO) roles following the restructure of the senior management team.
The report set out the functional responsibilities, accountabilities and the breadth of control for each of the new roles.
It was explained that a decision was requested from the Panel to allow the appointed COs to take up their new roles (mainly based on existing or acting up arrangements) from 1st January 2021. This would also allow the COs to make the transitional management arrangements required in some services and ensure there was clarity of responsibility following the removal of the Corporate Director post.
Councillor M Fitzgerald moved the report and the recommendations, this was seconded by Councillor M Johnson.
The Panel members asked questions around the grant funding for the regeneration projects in Workington and Maryport, potential and anticipated savings and security of employment.
A vote was taken, 4 in favour and 1 against. The motion was carried.
1. The following appointments be made:
· Sharon Sewell – Chief Officer (Place and Governance) CO Tier 1
· Catherine Nicholson – Chief Officer (Assets) CO Tier 1
· Brendan Carlin – Assistant Chief Executive (Innovation and Commercial) CO Tier 2
· Nik Hardy – Assistant Chief Executive (Policy, Performance and Economic Strategy) CO Tier 2
· Kevin Kerrigan – Programme Director (Workington) CO Tier 3
· Graeme Wilson – Programme Director (Maryport) CO Tier 3
· Paul Wood – Programme Director (Transformation) CO Tier 3
2. It be noted that in accordance with section 5 of the Local Government Act 1989, Council has designated the Chief Officer (Place and Governance) as Monitoring Officer.
3. It be noted that in accordance with section 151 of the Local Government Act 1972, Council has designated the Chief Officer (Assets) as Chief Finance Officer.