Decision Maker: Development Panel
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The report recommended granting permission subject to conditions.
The report outlined the application and detailed the main issues within the report as follows:
The proposal will now preserve the character and appearance of the designated conservation area. There will be negligible harm to the significance of this designated heritage asset.
Members noted the representations received in respect of the application, the main grounds of which were set out in the report.
Questions were then asked to officers regarding heritage and debate ensued.
Councillor Munby then moved to approve the application as per officer’s recommendation; this was seconded by Councillor Annsion.
A vote was taken on the motion for approval, 10 unanimously voted in favour, 0 voted against and 0 abstentions
The motion was carried.
Approved subject to conditions per officers report
1. The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
Reason: In order to comply with Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
2. The development shall be completed in accordance with the approved plans as revised by the specification received in the email from Alan Boyd at 17.50 on 15th November 2018. For the avoidance of doubt the development shall include the following:-
· The windows will not have glazing bars.
· The integral cill is flush to the frame.
· The external face of the window frames will be in the same position as that of the existing frame face i.e it will not project over the angled face of the existing cills.
· The gaskets seals around the glass are white in colour to match the frames.
· The existing masonry cills, mullions and lintels will be retained.
· The exposed width of the new frame will be no greater than existing.
Reason: To ensure the character and appearance of the Maryport Conservation Area is preserved and to accord with policy S27 of the Allerdale Local Plan Part 1 (2014).
Report author: Kelly Hampson
Publication date: 13/12/2018
Date of decision: 11/12/2018
Decided at meeting: 11/12/2018 - Development Panel