The subject of the decision
The Corporate Director submitted a report which sought member’s consideration and approval of the business case for the development of a new community stadium in Workington including consideration of options for the delivery of the project.
Councillor M Fryer moved the recommendations contained within the report. This was seconded by Councillor A Smith. The recommendations were unanimously agreed.
Alternative options considered
The report detailed alternative options for the funding of the development, alternative procurement options on both construction and funding of the development and alternative options for the future management of the community stadium.
Consideration was also given to the impact of not proceeding with the development.
The reason for the decision
To consider the business case for the development of a new community stadium in Workington including consideration of options for the delivery of the project.
1. The business case for the development of a new community stadium for Allerdale be approved
2. The Council undertakes a regulated procurement route to select an investor/developer to develop the new community stadium
3. A business plan be developed for the establishment of a stadium management company. Approval of the business plan including the precise nature and form of the company be delegated to the Corporate Director
4. The procurement of a contract for the demolition of Borough Park be delegated to the Head of Place Development
5. The Council authorise a guarantee of the head lease to the investor, the final details of which would be delegated to the Corporate Director in conjunction with the Statutory Officers.